I’m evaluating platform options for a project I’d like kick off, which is about connecting people willing to learn from and teach to each other.
+ Web = Mobile through a Bootstrap, etc
+ Web = Faster publish = More feedback and shorter iteration cycle
– Web = Tricky Push Notifications on Mobile platform :( [ although, possible: APNs, GCM – tied to their auth]
? Anything else ?
Update: as usual, I went the techy route without considering the idea outside out of automation fallacy.
- There are 2 commonly expressed pain points active individuals do encounter. My idea is to connect them both, so that their pains will be fixed
- Pain1: reach out to a specialist to learn / ask
- Pain2: share your timeslot with someone interested
- Existing solution: ask friends(virtual/real)
- Problems with that: usually up to 2nd/3rd degree network only, not realtime
- Me and @apofig like the thing
- I thought about posting a Google Doc where people could add themselves, but that is somewhat not engaging :(
- So let’s try asking people on my network directly!